At various points in our lives, we’ve all set up our own yardstick for achievement and success. Yet the funny thing of it all is that we feel the need to achieve for something when we are already inherently able to do that just by existing and listening to our soul’s calling.
Today’s episode tackles challenging concepts about what achievement truly is.
- Know your own definition of what achievement actually is because its mainstream definition misleads you into a false sense of fulfillment.
- Once you’ve reconsidered what achievement actually is, go far beyond it and you’ll discover that you’ve always been there in the first place.
- The only way to go back to what you want is to realize that what you thought you wanted isn’t what you want all along.
- Consider to going back to what you want from a soul level and do what makes your soul sing. Know that no matter what this level of success brings you, you’re not going to feel any different than the way you feel right now.
- Oftentimes, the drive towards achievement stems from a personal sense of insignificance. Yet what if you were already totally significant and completely insignificant at the same time? If you consider that possibility, then you will no longer be driven to succeed from trying to get anywhere from where you actually are. You are where you’re always meant to be, and achievement no longer becomes a measurement of your significance.
Listen to this episode on iTunes:
Listen to this episode on Stitcher:
Download the audio file:
This podcast is brought to you by: The Entrepreneur Elders Group
THE WORLD’S MOST CONTROVERSIAL INFLUENCERS, IN AN UNEARTHING BUSINESS MASTERMIND EXPERIENCE..
An experiential mastermind to find your entrepreneurial edge, through adventure challenges with peers that will take you through the layers of reality as you know them.
Find out more here: http://thejeffreyslaytershow.com/apply-to-eeg
DISCOVERY OF THE DAY: What was your favorite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know in the comments!
Time-Stamped Show Notes
[00:58] What if what you wanted to achieve was a lie?
[01:37] What if you wanted to achieve was born from an insecurity?
[02:37] Who are you beyond achievement?
[02:49] What if you didn’t need to achieve anything to be significant?
[03:58] As you go past achievement who are you going to become?