It’s time to look beyond the misconception that the price of your services or your products have to do with your value as a person or a being.
This week’s episode focuses on what's keeping people from setting a rate/fee for their service or setting a price for their product that they deserve and how they can work to break it.
- The common misconception is that the price of a service or product has to do with the value of the person offering it. Yet the truth is, the worth of a human being is completely irrelevant and autonomous to what he/she charges.
- You are the universe. There's no way to put a value on you.
- When setting your rates, set them according to the market, and not according to your insecurities. Not even your ego.
- Your worth as a human being has nothing to do with what you charge at all. From that standpoint, you can charge what you'd like to charge, and of course, live with the value.
- A quick exercise to help you get over your hesitation in setting a rate that you deserve: Double the value of your actual rate, then double it again. Say that final value to yourself several times and declare that value when asked. Allow your mind to get comfortable with that rate. So when you make an increase from your original rate, however slight, it will be an action that will not surprise you.
Listen to this episode on iTunes:
Listen to this episode on Stitcher:
Download the audio file:
This podcast is brought to you by: The Entrepreneur Elders Group
THE WORLD’S MOST CONTROVERSIAL INFLUENCERS, IN AN UNEARTHING BUSINESS MASTERMIND EXPERIENCE..
An experiential mastermind to find your entrepreneurial edge, through adventure challenges with peers that will take you through the layers of reality as you know them.
Find out more here: http://thejeffreyslaytershow.com/apply-to-eeg
DISCOVERY OF THE DAY: What was your favorite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know in the comments!
Time-Stamped Show Notes[00:00] Intro
[00:07] The worth of your service as a human vs your value as a human
[00:52] Separate your service’s worth from your worth as a human being
[01:05] A good exercise to do with setting your rates
[01:57] You are priceless