Guest: Craig Slayter
Co-Founder & First CEO of Odesk (Upwork), CEO, Founder & MNA Executive
Craig Slayter, Jeffrey Slayter’s father, has more than 30 years as a Silicon Valley startup entrepreneur and raised more than $50 million dollars in venture capital. He’s assessed hundreds of companies for potential acquisition, and participated in acquisitions ranging from $5 million to $100 million. Slayter discusses 5 unique deal stoppers preventing entrepreneurs from making the $100,000,000 exit.
Key Questions in Regard to the $100 Million exit:
- Are our investors and founders clearly aligned?
- Based on timely research, is our business in the right price range?
- Is our cap table in order?
- Do we have a messy set of books?
- Can we prove we have clear title to intellectual property, and product specs?
- Are we demonstrating integrity in all our dealings with prospective buyers?
- Can we come to a satisfactory agreement with buyers about our ongoing company culture?
Listen to this episode on iTunes:
Listen to this episode on Stitcher:
Download the audio file:
This podcast is brought to you by: The Entrepreneur Elders Group
THE WORLD’S MOST CONTROVERSIAL INFLUENCERS, IN AN UNEARTHING BUSINESS MASTERMIND EXPERIENCE..
An experiential mastermind to find your entrepreneurial edge, through adventure challenges with peers that will take you through the layers of reality as you know them.
Find out more here: http://thejeffreyslaytershow.com/apply-to-eeg
DISCOVERY OF THE DAY: What was your favorite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know in the comments!