This episode is recorded from one of my talks on leadership. Leaders are meant to pave the way for the rest. As a CEO, that is your ultimate task. Both the brunt and rewards of your company’s performance are on your shoulders. How do you then clear the path and set the stage for your business and for your people?
Here’s a quick view on some of what’s discussed in this episode: The better way of taking responsibility, increase your profitability by increasing your confidence, find out my simple rule on how you can move your business forward through making a request/promise, why you should increase your empathy for yourself, why you should think weirder, not bigger. And why you should stop wasting time working on your weaknesses. (This is crazy, I know, but it works.) I hope this episode helps you out in affirming the leader within you.
- You want to find more business opportunities? Think weirder.
- Reconsider the things that don’t make sense. Just because it didn’t make sense in the past doesn’t mean they don’t make sense now to the future.
- You’ve been told to go make your weaknesses stronger.
- Challenge that and instead, get weaker in them. Get even crappier at what your weaknesses are. Just be don’t just be shit in, be absolute shit in it.
- Identify what those weaknesses are and then identify your core strengths. And then every bit of energy that you have been spending trying to get better with your weaknesses? Give it up. Take that energy and put it towards your strengths and become exceptional in those.
- Bring more empathy to you first, and ultimately, you’ll build a gentle company with a culture of kindness and connection a.k.a. love.
- The number one component in sales is love. It transcends all the techniques. So why not build companies that are built on a foundation of love? The whole universe is based on love.
Listen to this episode on iTunes:
Listen to this episode on Stitcher:
Download the audio file:
This podcast is brought to you by: The Entrepreneur Elders Group
THE WORLD’S MOST CONTROVERSIAL INFLUENCERS, IN AN UNEARTHING BUSINESS MASTERMIND EXPERIENCE..
An experiential mastermind to find your entrepreneurial edge, through adventure challenges with peers that will take you through the layers of reality as you know them.
Find out more here: http://thejeffreyslaytershow.com/apply-to-eeg
DISCOVERY OF THE DAY: What was your favorite quote or lesson from this episode? Please let me know in the comments!
Time-Stamped Show Notes
[00:10] The CEO is always responsible for his company
[00:29] The better way of taking responsibility
[01:03] Increase your profitability by increasing your confidence
[01:56] What’s your relationship to requests and promises?
[02:08] The different kinds of conversations people make and which kind you should focus on.
[03:46] A simple rule on how you can move your business forward through making a request/promise
[05:05] If money was no issue, what would you do and what would you say?
[05:57] If your business was a message, what would be its message?
[06:47] Why you should increase your empathy for yourself?
[08:55] What areas are you not willing to let go of control?
[10:02] You want to find more opportunities? Think weirder.
[12:19] Know what your weaknesses are and don’t waste your time working on it. (This is crazy, I know, but it works.)